Monday, November 5, 2012

Breaking my Own Heart

Hey, Readers. You know who it is.

I'm sorry to not be the happy-go-lucky, fun-loving person that people outside of the internet world know me to be, but I've got something serious to talk about. I've been bawling my eyes out for the last hour or so because of something that I'm sure quite a few people will know about. I'm in the process of breaking up with my first boyfriend. My first boyfriend... my first kiss, first date, first slow dance, first love... For those of you who don't know me, I'm pretty young. I wasn't ready to be in a long-term relationship when I first accepted his invitation to go out, and I didn't think I was getting into anything serious. Well... here we are, 16 and a half months later. I guess I should say "were" now instead of "are" since... you know. I guess I'm posting this as a release of emotion, or an outlet of this animal urge to just cry and cry until I fade into sweet oblivion.... Sorry, that sounds pretty bleak. Like I said, I'm just depressed.

I told you I've been crying for a long time, and this next thought came into my mind... Science can't explain why people cry. Tears are just meant to lubricate your eyes. There's absolutely no reason that they should be released when your emotions are out of control, but... they do. I've kind of got a theory about that. I think that God allowed humans to cry so that they can release those parts of them that they can't really release any other way. Overwhelming sadness, severe frustration, crippling grief at the loss of someone you love... those are things that humans could never handle without some form of release. And thank goodness for it, or... I'm not sure where I'd be right now.

So... um... thanks for reading.

-evygirl01

No comments:

Post a Comment